Upcoming Regional Meetings
The Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development (IGF) will be hosting a Regional Workshop:"Transfer Pricing, Base Erosion and Profit Shifting in Mining, Minerals and Metals: An International Focus" on the margins of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) Annual Convention. This workshop will be implemented in partnership with the Canadian International Institute for Extractive Industries and Development (CIIEID).
The workshop will take place on Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 (13:00 - 17:00) in Ballroom B of the Intercontinental Hotel, located at 225 Front Street West, and attached to the Metro-Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC).
Session Summary (PDF)
If you are interested in participating, please RSVP to IGF.Secretariat@international.gc.ca by Monday, March 3rd.
Please find attached a Session Summary for the event, as well as the detailed agenda . Additional information is also available on the PDAC web page:
I would also like to draw your attention to two other events occurring at PDAC:
1) Canada - World Economic Forum Conference: Mining Investment: Stimulating Local Economic Development
Saturday, March 1, 2014, 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Contact: Extractives@international.gc.ca (Registration required)
2) World Bank - Canada - IGF: Recent Developments in Mining and Sustainable Development in Latin America
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 | 8:00 am – 12:00 pm | Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Room 206DC
The World Bank is working with several countries throughout Latin America to promote policies and programs that help secure shared, sustainable development outcomes through good governance and transparency. In Latin America, notable progress has been made in Colombia, Peru, Guatemala, and Honduras to sustainably expand their mining sectors, with the support of the World Bank Group.
The discussion will focus on:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the IGF Secretariat.
- Good practices such as Peru’s “Mesas de Desarollo” that contribute to successful conflict resolution and build dialogue between mining companies and host communities
- Colombian government efforts to restructure the mining sector in order to promote transparency, good governance and an attractive investment climate
- Projects and exploration opportunities in underexploited Guatemala, the Dominican Republic and Honduras
We are looking forward to seeing you in Toronto next week!
- Day 1: AGENDA (PDF) – INDABA - Post 2015 Dialogue
Monday, February 3, 2014
Location: Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa
- Day 2: AGENDA (PDF) – Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining (ASM)
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Location: Victoria & Alfred Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa
- Africa Mining INDABA 2014 (PDF) – Responsible Mining and Sustainable Development Events Guide
General Meeting 2013